This award recognizes and encourages excellence in graduate studies in the field of magnetism.
The winner will receive a $1,000 USD one-year fellowship and the remaining finalists will receive a
$250 USD one-year fellowship.
- The nominee must be a full time graduate student expecting to graduate within one year of the Conference.
- The student's area of research may either be theoretical or experimental in any of the general technical
and scientific areas normally presented as part of the ICM2018.
- The student's regularly submitted abstract must be accepted for an oral presentation through the normal
abstract review process by the ICM2018 Program Committee, and the student must present the work at the Conference.
Student Awards Application Procedure
- Students must submit an abstract to the ICM2018 according to the standard submission guidelines and deadlines as
outlined under Abstract Submissions. Please DO NOT identify the abstract as part of the student award competition
in the text of the abstract. The ICM2018 abstract deadline is March 2, 2018.
- Students must also submit an extended 2-page abstract of their presentation, including the already submitted
abstract number, plus a short (300 words or less) explanation of their contribution to the work described and its
significance by the submission deadline of March 2, 2018.
- Applications MUST be submitted via email as .pdf attachments. Fax or mail submissions will not be considered. The
email containing the student award application must have a subject line that reads "STUDENT AWARD - <APPLICANTS NAME> ".
- Submit applications via email to the ICM2018 Awards Chair, Barry Zink,